Wednesday 23 October 2013

Our Furry Babies

Four months ago (June), Bry and I adopted three kittens. They were only three months old then.

This was the basket we used when we picked them up from the original owner:


People who know me too well asked me, "WHY CATS? YOU HATE CATS!"

Well, why not? I DO NOT hate cats. It's just that I grew up with dogs around the house all the time (my dad's a vet) so I've spent most of my life having hands-on experience with dogs. There was no way we could take care of cats back then because my grandmother is a dog lover and she believes that cats and dogs do not get along. I grew up believing that too. Looking back, I used to think that cats are evil and manipulative, LOL. I don't remember exactly what made me thought of them that way. I used to bring home assorted animals (e.g. kittens, bugs/insects, birds, bats, worms, etc.) all the time and my grandmother would go ballistic! I guess the incident that made me less amorous towards cats was when I snuck in a stray kitty so I could give it some milk and food (I was 16 years old that time). It looked so hungry, harmless and helpless that my heart broke. I even thought of keeping it in my room and caring for it secretly but had second thoughts because I didn't wanna get into trouble. After feeding it, I went to check if the coast was clear so I can go release it back outside. After just less than a minute, I heard utensils falling off the dining table. I ran to check and I found it on the table dragging away a huge chunk of beefsteak that my grandmother cooked for dinner. I hurriedly went closer to grab it off the table and it scratched my arm while struggling vigorously. "You ungrateful animal!", I yelled as it rushed through the open door. I was no longer very fond of cats after that...

...until I started going out with Bry two years ago. He would often tell me stories about the three generations of cats that his family had taken care of. And being a good storyteller that he is, I was always entertained and amazed by what cats could do. To make the story short, Bry made me realize how awesome cats actually are! So when this rare opportunity came to have crossbred cats for free (the father's a Siamese cat and the mother's a pusspin), I did not have second thoughts! I contacted the owner right away and arranged for the pick up of the kittens. And the rest is history!

So here are our cute furry babies, now 7 months old... 

From left to right: KELEE, TUXEDO, and MOLEE

2 comments:

  1. I share the same feeling. I only get to learn loving cats recently when my daughter starts keeping them in our house secretly. hahaha.. so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh your daughter loves cats too ? COOL! Give it 20 more years and she'll be a certified CRAZY CAT LADY too! hehe :3

      Delete